What does it cover?
A copy of the leaflet describing how the CIGA Guarantee provides assurance can be downloaded here.
The CIGA Guarantee covers defects in materials or workmanship and any concerns will be investigated and defects rectified free of charge.
- Any claim under the Guarantee must be notified to CIGA within 25 years of the installation date.
- All problems relating to the installation must be reported to the installer as soon as practicable and CIGA must be informed if the matter is not resolved satisfactorily within 2 months.
- The guarantee is not valid if the insulation has been altered or disturbed.
- Your statutory rights are not affected by the guarantee.
- The guarantee remains valid for subsequent owners or occupiers of the property.
- Change of Ownership
If you already have Cavity Wall Insulation backed by the protection of the 25 year CIGA Guarantee then you should only need to contact CIGA if you think you have a problem. The guarantee is registered to the property and not the homeowner.
If you wish to update the guarantee details following a change of ownership, simply contact CIGA on 01525 853 300. Please note there may be a small administrative charge.
If you’ve got issues of any other nature with your Cavity Wall Insulation that may be down to the installer not following proper guidelines as to the install, and you have tried to get your issues resolved but have not been provided with adequate response, you have other avenues of recourse.
It is now apparent that hundreds of thousands of home owners across the UK will need remedial work that will consist of a full extraction of the Cavity Wall Insulation and could well mean a whole host of other repairs and replacements directly caused by the install.
Contact Wall Cavity Claims today on free phone 0800-8-654321 or visit www.wallcavityclaims.co.uk